Friday, May 27, 2011

Exhibit One on Why "Evolutionary Psychology" is Bullshit

You probably already heard about this, whoever you are..
Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women? | Psychology Today
It is very interesting to note that, even though black women are objectively less physically attractive than other women, black women (and men)subjectively consider themselves to be far more physically attractive than others.
Can you believe that? This clown, Satoshi Kanazawa, who has a Ph.D. in something, gets research grants, and writes books and articles as a "scientist", actually takes himself seriously with this bullshit "black women are objectively (OBJECTIVELY!!!???) less physically attractive than other women...".  REALLY?


Really?  Well I got news for you pal, Mr. Kanazawa (sorry, no "Dr." for you).  This white boy has seen some hot looking beautiful black women in my time. At first I didn't notice.  When I was a young boy I was gazing at the hottie blond white girls on television and the serendipitously obtained and absconded Playboy mags, and then I started chasing after girls that resembled that standard of beauty.  Mainly because that is who I came in contact with in my social environment, because I am "white".  And that is who the dominant culture, the white controlled mass media, white-boy peers, and the socio-cultural milieu of which I was immersed told me was physically attractive.  


Gosh, do you think that maybe there is some socio-cultural construction of what is considered physically attractive? Do ya think, Mr. Scientist?


In fact, I have noticed that as I have interacted with more and more peoples of phenotypic variability in this world, and attempted to purge myself of the racist brainwashing that we are all subjected to in this society, that suddenly I became more and more aware that physical attractiveness is evident across that phenotypic variation (that's real scientist talk for so-called "races").


Anywhooo, for my dear readers who who like to read a more serious and scientific debunking of this bullshit, which has information on Kanazawa's faulty research methods and premises, you can start herehere, and here, at It's Only a Theory.  And I am sure there is more out there, post in the comment to clue me in.


Oh yeah, one more thing, I hear there is some data and studies out there that concludes Japanese men are much less physically attractive.....

No comments: