Saturday, January 22, 2011

Aborted Post Link Dump 1 (or is it 2 or 3?)

Well, my original intention for this blog was for me to do the actual writing and thinking. But I am busy with a job (wooo hooo lucky me), a naggy wife, and an energetic seven year old boy.  I just don't have the time I would like to have to devote to this.  But I want to stay active, so here is another "link dump" of articles I intended to think and write about.  With maybe just a little commentary from yours truly.  That Blogger share button sure is handy!


Why the Rich Are Getting Richer | Foreign Affairs
I am sure its complicated, but this article makes the argument that it is purposeful government policy.  


Then there is all this righty rhetoric about how the U.S. Constitution is the closest to thing to perfection that a political document could ever be.  And then the poppycock about the infinite wisdom of the "Founding Fathers".  Its about time that people start turning a critical eye on these quasi-religious beliefs.
Let's stop pretending the Constitution is sacred


The battle over the Constitution: newyorker.com


For the next two links I was going to write about how the US Military is so widely adored in American society, but is in fact a very socially ill and corrupt institution in any number of ways.  From the corruption linked to military spending, rape and sexual harassment in the military, imposed religious persecutions and conformity, to the epidemic suicides of returning soldiers etc..  Shit, this isn't even getting started on the atrocities perpetrated by the U.S. Military overseas!





There were a few days when I happened on lots of links at Al Jazeera.

And of course healthcare, which I should have more links for, oh well:


No comments: